In fulfilling its mission, AGAUC’s goals include the following:
Higher education system transformation
- Expand the overall capacity of national higher education systems by increasing student access;
- Expand the overall capacity of national higher education systems by improving quality assurance;
- Advocate national policies that promote overall excellence of national higher education systems;
- Promote public-private higher education sectors’ cooperation, collaboration, and healthy competition;
Strengthening the private sector economy in higher education
- Promote public awareness of public-private higher education sectors’ contributions to society.
- Advocate societal support for environment that encourages private higher education sector to thrive
Private Higher Education Institutional Transformation
- Provide administrative and executive professional development opportunities for institutional leaders
- Promote global network, operations, cooperation, and access for higher education institutions.
To fulfill these goals, AGAUC’s activities include but not limited to the following:
- Provide fora for discussing and deliberating on national higher education systems and policies.
- Explore and advance higher education environment that strengthens private higher education sector. Advise and advance policy preferences to government policy makers to support their private higher education sector.
- Advance institutional management and leadership practices that foster excellence of private higher education institutions
- Promote transnational post-secondary educational experience and globalization in private higher education sector
- Promote private institutional transnational collaborations, specifically in quality assurance, research, creative expressions, leadership development, faculty development, credential transferability, study abroad programs, faculty exchange, and national and international conferences.
- Expand student access to quality higher education across the globe.
- Advance and exchange practices that enable private institutions to grow and thrive in an increasingly competitive environment.